Thursday, December 11, 2008

To build or not to build...


So lately I have been going through all of Dans house plan magazines. I have fallen in love with the exterior look of this house. The only thing Dan and I know we want is a "mountain" home and room for all of the toys in the basement when we move in!!! My house looks like a daycare center right now!!
Our problem, is wondering when we should build? The economy stinks as everyone knows so that makes me want to wait. Who knows if this house will sell fast or if we will sit on it for years. I pray about this a lot. I have asked God for a clear cut answer on what we should do! Like this would be ideal: someone would come to our door and want to buy our house for a great price and say they need 6-8 months before moving in. Is that too much to ask??? I know the chance of that happening are slim to none but I do pray that God directs us in the right direction. Until then I am pretty content in our house. Yes its getting smaller but it works, I kind of like cozy! Plus we have done so much! If the time comes to build/move I will be shedding a lot of tears. I am so proud of our little home and all we/Dan has done!! So there is one of my thoughts for the day.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! It's like reading my own thoughts! That person needs to knock on our door too!

heidi said...

good luck,it is a tough decision but I bet your house would go quick because it's the right size and super cute. we sold our old house in 6 months but we were super motivated:)

Jen said...

We have gone through all of this too!! When is the right time, will it sell, where to buy/build...God knows all the answers and will show you when it's right. We had ours listed for about a year with no results, so we took it off the market. Now we know it was all for the best.