Saturday, May 14, 2011

Field Trips and Trees

I think we can officially say that winter is over and we are finally into spring!! Hallelujah!! Trees are full, the woods in our backyard are thick again, and if we had grass it would be green!! Ha ha! Birds are singing their songs and I love to hear them!!!! I love this time of year! May is always busy with school field trips, they gotta pack them in while the weathers nice. Ellies had a few and one I got to go along with was the Outdoor Discovery Center. Its one of our favorite places as a family to visit. This time was great with a tour guide to teach the kids (and mom) so much stuff.


Who has been here before?

Mr. Jamie showing the kids a minty smelling flower.

Looking for a leopard frog.

Looking for creatures.

I took this picture because Ellie is standing next to her buddy Parker here. She is quite a fan of Parker and I get to hear a lot about him. Its so cute!


Our little quiet road has had lots of activity lately. Next year our road will get paved! It will be so great to not have such a dirty van and take bike rides but its super sad to see these very old, large trees go down. I'm not really a tree hugger but still, it looks so bare around here. I am begging Dan to get some pine trees in here to fill it in a little!!
Before removing the big ones.

there it goes (tear, tear)

So bare, and I don't think they are done yet.

No comments: