Thursday, March 24, 2011

Easter eggs...how to...

It is such a bummer that easter egg kits haven't really changed in 30 some years. You can get tie dye, sparkle, swirl, throw on a sticker that doesn't really stick, or for something super exciting you can get a clear crayon and watch it magically appear after you dye it in super stinky vinegar colored water. So, what do you do instead......stalk other bloggers for ideas!!!  I saw something similar on another blog and decided to try it. I love cute easter decorations and even more if I can make them super cheap!!






Hobby Lobby has paper mache eggs 3/$1.00. I took a few old childrens books and tore out nine pages, one for each egg. I took one of the pieces of paper and wet it under the sink. This makes it easier to tear (i liked the torn look over the scissors) and easier to shape around the egg. Modge podge the whole egg then start ripping what you want on the egg. Cover it all, modge podge it again and smooth it out as much as you can. Be careful not to rub too much or you'll end up rubbing off the paper. You will be sticky...its kind of fun!! Let your egg dry without touching the other eggs. Thats all there is too it! I have also thought of tearing up an old piano book too...wouldnt that look cute! Not something I have on hand! Cant wait for garage sale season so I can stock up on random things!! Happy egg decorating!!!

No comments: